Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mom


I've always been impressed by the way Mom could whipped together a last minute gift and finish it with a fantastic wrap job. She gained this talent working in a department store gift wrap department when she was 16.
I got a lot of experience helping wrap gifts for the little kids (from "Santa") over the years so I can wrap a good crisp package; but Mom only did the fancy bows for weddings and such and it was always a last second endeavor on the way out the door. So, while I've watched her do it a million times but never got a hands on lesson.
I finally sat down with Mom and got a lesson and here is my first personal bow - I'm quite proud of it.
For the ultra curious the gift was for my friend Sepi. I gave her Apples to Apples which (goes without saying) was a big hit!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That bow is awesome. Now I feel dumb for zoning out when she tried to teach me. You caught on quickly.