Friday, August 04, 2006

New Purchase


As you know, my high schools days were spent ditching school. Even when I was on campus I still skipped english/geometry/biology in favor of spending several hours a day in ceramics class (very cool teacher, but where did Mrs Crannell think I was supposed to be all that time?). Anyway, ever since then I've wanted to get a pottery wheel but it never worked out. Finally, last week I got one. It's a monster (260lb Lockerbie) kick wheel - the wheel I always dreamed of having, plus it has the bonus electric motor that will really help in centering big hunks of clay. I hope I can remember how to throw. I hope you all won't mind getting lopsided vases for christmas for the rest of your life.

4 comments:

KM said...

NICE! Your now a certified Bohemian . You should be getting your membership card in the mail any day now:)

Elizabeth said...

Very Cool, I look forward to my crooked lopsided vase. It will be better then the box I made in high school where I glazed the lid sealed on accident and now Mom pretends to love and uses as a doorstop. I am so excited for you!

Harriet the Spy said...

Mrs. Crannell was very cool. My parents were friends with the Crannells in the 1970's and I still remember their house. Handcarved details, wild canyon, and a view to the west forever. I remember hearing Fleetwood Mac and possibly Rickie Lee Jones in their company.

Harriet the Spy said...

Mrs. Crannell was cool. Did you ever see her house? I remember it as full of handcarved beautiful and whimsical details, above a wild canyon with a view that stretched west forever.